The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that the number of jobs for paralegals and legal assistants will grow by nearly 10% from 2014-2024. And this for good reason. After all demand for corporate legal services is increasing and to reduce costs, many corporations nowadays hire paralegals to perform tasks formerly carried out by lawyers.
Many corporations hire paralegals that have a broad knowledge of law and procedure together with an expertise applicable to their sector of operation. For companies that operate on international markets or have international contractors and investors, the next challenge is partnering with translation service providers to facilitate the work of their legal departments.
In fact, a professional translation company could perform much of the substantive work traditionally handled by corporate paralegals and become a single source provider of solutions for many corporate legal departments.
And EVS Translations is a leading provider of certified services to most of the global top 20 law firms, regulatory, government and public sector bodies; as well as to the legal departments of Fortune 500 corporations, thanks to its key advantages:
- A large in-house pool of industry and language experts employed in offices across Europe and North America to handle the research, presentation and translation of information from various areas of expertise; such as finance, taxation, compliance, incorporation, mergers and acquisitions, IP, insurance, corporate law, local and international regulations, arbitration etc. Select translators also have country- or industry-specific certifications, e.g. “sworn, court-certified” translators.
- Dedicated team of in-house proofreaders with in-depth knowledge of various industry sectors: Throughout the entire proofreading process, maximum accuracy and consistency are secured through use of memory software relevant to the customer and documented in the customer master data.
- Work with customer translation memories, integrating existing translation glossaries and terminology preferences: Industry- and customer-specific reference materials are considered and integrated into the client-specific translation memory, and routinely updated after every project.
- A company-wide Help Desk support for CAT (Computer-Aided Translation) tools, which provides rapid and uncomplicated support in case of application problems.
- A specialized in-house Translation Engineering department performing all preparatory tasks (data conversion, formatting, pre-and post-processing, terminology updates, TM management and selection), along with all post-translation duties (format check, TM updates, etc.) under the supervision and direction of project management. And for customers with in-house language service departments, project management takes on the role of coordinating translation management and administration.
- Support of all file formats and desktop publishing solutions for all languages
Additional services include transcription, project management, vendor management and website translations for lawyers.
Choose one of the few international translation companies that has been awarded both the DIN ISO 9001:2015 and DIN ISO 17100:2015 certifications (aimed specifically at translation service providers) as your partner for all your corporate legal projects and you will receive consistent quality, optimized processes, customer service, and technological innovation in line with international standards.