Video is a powerful way to reach audiences and will continue to be a priority for many marketing and communications departments. The same is also true for localisation (taking original content, creating it in new languages and adapting cultural messaging as necessary). Taking your team’s creative or communications videos and delivering them in multiple languages ensures your business gains maximum value and engagement.
But there are several factors which can slow down the video localisation process. Typical problems include clients who struggle to provide original video files (which our team need to create a high-quality finish and avoid unnecessary costs).
To help your business get its project off to a flying start so we all get to launch date celebrating, here are 8 questions that your video translation provider should be asking. When the answers are clear to both parties, success should follow. If they’re not asking them, it’s a red flag and it might be time to move on with the relationship…
1. Do you need subtitles/voiceover for dialogue or narration?
2. If you require subtitles, will you need these as open captions or closed captions?
3. If you require voice-over work, what kind of voice talent is appropriate for your brand?
4. Do you have a script?
5. Is your script timecoded?
6. Do you need onscreen text translating?
7. Can you send us your video project files (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe After Effects)?
8. What are the final deliverables (e.g. a finished video or audio files, only)?
If any of these terms seem unfamiliar or confusing to you, speak with our team. They can talk you through the process so that everything goes smoothly during the production process. EVS Translations works with global brands across TV commercials, customer testimonials for product launches, internal communications, and e-learning. Thanks to working with high calibre clients over several years, our team has the expertise, software tools and knowledge to create high-quality foreign language video content in multiple languages. It’s never been so simple to engage an international audience or workforce.
Contact EVS Translations today:
EVS Translations UK
+44 (0)115 964 4288
EVS Translations USA