In a previous blog entry we explained the inner workings of website translation. Today, we would like to give you another tip by explaining how you can optimise your translated website for search engines (SEO).
Before we do so, let’s take a look at the term “SEO.” SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation.
Exactly what is this though?
SEO includes all the measures that help to increase the visibility of a website in a search engine or, in other words, all the measures that ensure a website appears right at the top of the search results. Indeed, we all know from our own experience of online searches that only the very top results are the ones that we find interesting or relevant.
Here are seven things (out of several hundred) that you need to know about SEO and how your translation company can help you with them.
- Before asking your translation company for a search engine optimised translation, you should check whether SEO has already been applied in your main language. EVS Translations would be happy to check your CMS to see if you have already entered all of the appropriate tags, title tags, descriptions and keywords. As a matter of course, we translate these SEO terms in addition to the actual content.
- Are there any keywords that you want to be found in your source language? Or do you require some research to be carried out for the target language?
- Is the new target country already familiar with your product? Are there any keywords that are already “taken?” EVS Translations would be happy to have employees carry out this research for you in the relevant country.
- Do you remember to regularly add new content to your website? EVS Translations can translate, localise and even upload this content for you as and when it is updated.
- Of course, if you have a blog, we also translate your articles and blog entries.
- Have you already run a Google AdWords campaign in your source language and also want this to apply to your new target language? If so, EVS Translations will translate and proofread your keywords and adverts and help you to successfully kick off your campaign in the target country.
- If you have videos on your website, you have taken another step closer to greater visibility. You can also have these videos translated into your target language by using either subtitles, transcription or dubbing.
Search Engine Optimisation can also be applied to videos.
For a consultation, call EVS Translations today on 0115 934 5004 or visit our website.