The accelerated pace of communication for global business heightens the demand for professional translation services and expert translation management. As human-centered translation workflows struggle to keep up, machine translation is increasingly becoming a tool of choice for large scale projects, especially those with very tight deadlines.
High volume demand and time-to-market pressure mean rapid and low-cost machine translation solutions most certainly have their place in the translation mix. When deployed in the right way, MT can really provide greater efficiency, lowering costs and improving productivity.
Businesses should understand, however, that MT may not be the optimal solution for every translation project.
The in-house translation technology team at EVS Translations can discuss your company's objectives for certain types of content or communication and whether an MT solution should be deployed.
There are different types of machine translation - including statistical and neural, powered by artificial intelligence. Which type of MT is best suited for your project largely depends on the language combinations, documents’ formats, and the required degree of accuracy.
The quality of the output can change considerably based on these criteria and the approached used: machine translation on its own or in conjunction with human proofreaders and post-editors.
Partnering with a Language Service Provider will not only help you implement the right MT strategy, but also optimize your internal processes and procedures to enable machine translation technology to provide maximum benefits at minimal risk and with stringent data security.
- Machine TranslationFile Size: 438 KBInternationalization is a key driver for growth for many businesses. But being present in multiple overseas markets creates a huge demand for the exchange and delivery of information across multiple languages.
- Security – EVS Translations operates a secure closed-system for machine translation. The main advantage is the protected environment and the adherence to international standards when processing sensitive data (no access from third-parties, as opposed to open-source tools).
- Big Data – higher-quality output because the NMT engines are constantly trained with high-quality data. Translating over 50 000 sentences daily into tens of languages for over 25 years and servicing leading companies and bodies from all industry sectors; EVS Translations has the Big Data in-house (structured in terminology specific clusters and provenly accurate).
- Own machines – EVS Translations works with its own translation machines, which in the long run can be further optimized and trained with customer-specific content.
- In-house teams at 8 global locations – for human post translation and editing, IT and DTP professionals who work accordingly to ISO-certified quality management standards.
- ISO 18587 compliance – EVS Translations has been audited to the quality standard ISO 18587:2017 Translation services – Post-editing of machine translation output, making the company a one-stop provider of quality-assured MT solutions.
- TM software – EVS Translations offers platform solutions for translation management to corporations with a high level of demand. Learn more here.
EVS Translations can create a custom-tailored bespoke machine translation solution that will meet your corporate requirements for quality tolerance and data-security.
If your business would like to find out more about machine translation, call our Atlanta team or use the contact form.
Automated translation methods are improving all the time – in fact, it’s almost spooky how good they seem to be. This is thanks not least to the millions of users who feed online translation engines with vast amounts of their own data around the clock. It has to be fast and it has [...]
Engineer is a very flexible job title! Even outside the translation industry, this title raises many questions. To define the position more precisely, EVS Translations also uses the title ‘CAT tool specialist for translations’. But the department offers far more than just the – [...]
At a translation & localisation conference in Tokyo last year, Alibaba’s outsourcing lead of the International User Experience Division was asked by an audience member if machine translation was an option for her and her team. She firmly replied with a ‘of course not!’. It was [...]
Translation produced by machines provides a time and cost-efficient addition to human translation. In the wake of artificial intelligence (AI), machine translation is becoming increasingly established in the translation industry. Just as with a translation done by a translator of [...]